Start your mortgage online
See the deals you qualify for &
how much you could borrow
When compiling our best buy tables we compare the best mortgage rates from across the UK market, including deals that are exclusive to us. It's important to remember that the best mortgage deals are not necessarily about getting the lowest mortgage rate possible, you also need to take into account all the fees and charges associated in setting up your new mortgage deal.
By choosing Ever North Mortgages Ltd to find your next mortgage deal our advisers will research the market for you, looking at criteria, set up fees and the rate to help you compare the best mortgage deal for your circumstances, saving you time and effort. Our best buy tables above show you the mortgage deals currently available, both fixed rates and variable rates, whether you are looking to purchase or remortgage to a better deal.
After taking out a mortgage or another financial product, 93% of Ever North Mortgages Ltd customers would recommend us based on 1355 Reviews.co.uk respondents - as of 02/04/19. Read our reviews
Looking to Move Home?
There’s no escaping the fact that moving home is stressful, but the good news is that getting a mortgage doesn’t have to be.
There are lots of different mortgage options for home movers, whether it is taking out a new deal or moving your current mortgage over to a new property.
Don’t worry if you’re not sure which option is right for you. Here at Ever North Mortgages Ltd, we can discuss all the different routes you might be able to take and advise you on the best deal to suit your individual circumstances.
In this guide
In this guide
Why apply for a mortgage with Ever North Mortgages Ltd?
Applying for your mortgage with Ever North Mortgages Ltdwhen you’re moving home can help save you money, time, and hassle. We’ve got all the mortgage advice you need to help make the home buying process as painless as possible.
- Use our online Mortgage Finder at a time and place that’s convenient for you, either at home or on the go.
- It’ll ask you for all the essential information, including the purchase price of the property you’re hoping to buy, how much you want to borrow, and what your income is.
- The Mortgage Finder will give you a list of personalised results in real time of all the home mover deals you might qualify for.
- If you haven’t found a property yet, you can complete our Mortgage Finder, and we’ll send you a ‘Decision in Principle’ certificate by email, indicating how much you might be able to borrow. If we need to check anything, one of our expert mortgage advisers will give you a call to confirm your details and fill in any blanks. Our online Decision in Principle doesn’t require a credit check, so won’t harm your credit score to apply.
- If you’ve found your new home and you’re ready for the next step, just fill in the property details on our Mortgage Finder and send it over to us so that we can get started on finding the best mortgage deal for you.
- Our advice is fee free. Like all other brokers, we’ll receive a payment from the lender you take your mortgage through, but we won’t charge you anything on top of this so there‘s nothing to pay us. You’ll pay no more applying through us than you would going directly to the lender on the same deal.
Mortgage Options for Moving Home
There are three main mortgage options if you’re moving home: either ‘porting’ your existing mortgage across to a new property; porting your mortgage and borrowing additional funds, or taking out a new mortgage. Here’s what you need to know.
- Porting your current mortgage. If you’re tied into your existing mortgage deal, your lender may be prepared to let you transfer it across to your new property without paying an Early Repayment Charge (ERC). However, if they do allow this, you’ll still need to go through the mortgage application process again, as your lender will need to be satisfied that you meet their current lending criteria and that the mortgage is affordable. Find out more in our guide to Porting a mortgage.
- Moving to a larger home with a bigger mortgage. If you’re porting a mortgage and need to borrow additional funds, bear in mind that this may be at a different rate to your current mortgage. If you do need a different deal, it’s a good idea to try and ensure this finishes at a similar time to your existing mortgage so that you can then remortgage the whole amount onto the same deal at a later date.
- Taking out a new mortgage. If you’re currently on your lender’s Standard Variable Rate (SVR), or there are no charges to move away from your existing mortgage or lender, you may decide to take out a new mortgage when you move home. There are many different types of mortgage deals you may want to look at, so take a look at our mortgage guides for more information, or give us a call and an expert adviser will be able to recommend the right option for you.
When to apply for a mortgage
It’s a good idea to start the process of applying for a mortgage as soon as you’ve decided you’re going to move home.
Your starting point should be to think about how much you want to borrow, and what type of mortgage you’d like.
Here at Ever North Mortgages Ltd we can help you determine which type of mortgage is right for you, and once you’ve found a property to buy, we will support you through the mortgage application process from start to finish.
Start your search online for a mortgage
Whether you want a fixed or variable deal, our online Mortgage Finder searches over 80 lenders on your behalf, so finding your home-mover mortgage online couldn’t be simpler.
You’ll need a few details about your income and outgoings, what size deposit you’re planning to put down, how much you want to borrow and how long you want your mortgage term to be. We’ll then advise you on the best deal for you.
Once you’re ready, it’s easy to apply online – we’ll pre-populate all your details so you don’t have to tell us twice! And once you’ve submitted your application, you can then track its progress online 24/7. Remember, you can pick up the phone and talk to one of our advisers at any point if you get stuck or if you need any help.
Moving Home FAQs
A Yes, as long as your lender will allow you to take your fixed rate mortgage to your new property. Most mortgage deals are portable, but you will need to re-apply to ensure you still meet your lender’s criteria.
A If you’re porting an existing mortgage to a new property, you can apply to borrow additional funds from your lender. However, bear in mind that you may be on a different mortgage rate for any extra borrowing.
A Yes, this is known as porting. In most cases, lenders will allow you to transfer your mortgage to a new property without having to pay any Early Repayment Charges (ERC’s). However, you will have to reapply for your mortgage, so that your lender can be certain that you meet their current affordability criteria.