Terms of business
Our head office is Ground Floor, Rainham House, Manor Way, Rainham RM13 8RE.
1. Financial Services Act
- The Key Facts sheet that we have given to you tells you about our services. It explains the products we are able to recommend, our status and our charging methods. Our Terms of Business explains other aspects of the way we operate and how this affects you, the client. This Terms of Business Letter will be effective from the date of receipt, but may be amended by us following any initial interview intended to ascertain your current financial situation, objectives and attitude to financial risk. Any such amended Terms of Business Letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of that interview. However, irrespective of any amendments arising from such interviews, we reserve the right to amend the terms of this letter without your consent, but we will give you at least 10 business days notice before conducting any relevant business, unless we consider it impracticable to do so under the circumstances existent at that time.
2. Our Status
- Ever North Mortgages Ltd, Ground Floor, Rainham House, Manor Way, Rainham RM13 8RE is a company limited by shares. Our Companies House number is 12360993.
3. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
Insurance: insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit.
Mortgages: mortgage advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the first £50,000.
Further information about the compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS.
- We will, if required by you or your agent, supply copies of contract notes and copies of entries in books, records and computerised records relating to you. We undertake to maintain such records for a period of at least 6 years from the date of each transaction for you.
5. Personal Interests
We undertake not to transact business for you in which we or one of our customers or any director/partner/employee has a known interest if we become aware that these interests conflict with yours, unless that interest is first disclosed in writing and your consent obtained.
Normally, we can accept instructions either verbally or in writing by completing the relevant application form and signing the appropriate declaration. Where you have a right to cancel your purchase, the product provider will give you notice of this in writing. Our authority to act on your behalf in accordance with these Terms of Business can be terminated at any time by either side in writing, without prior notice and without penalty. This will be effective from the date the notification is received. However, if transactions already initiated remain outstanding, the notification will only be effected once these have been completed.
As an intermediary, we never own the products you buy or transact though us. All purchases will therefore be registered in the name(s) of the client(s) and we will forward to you all documents showing ownership of your purchases, as soon as it is practicable after we receive them. In some cases, the product provider will send the documentation directly to you.
Our services are specifically geared to providing a telephone or postal based service. For mortgage and non-investment insurance contracts, we may make a diary note upon completion of your transaction to recontact you at a future date. The purpose of this would be for us to conduct a follow up review, as it may not be in your interests to remain with the initial product recommended. In addition, from time to time we may become aware of opportunities to make you aware of additional products and services. Where this occurs we may contact you, unless you specifically request otherwise. In addition, should you have any needs in the future regarding any of the services we offer, then we would always be happy to hear from you.
9. Data Protection
Information provided by you may be held, processed, disclosed and used by us, our professional advisers and any associated companies servicing our relationship with you. We will hold the personal information provided by you securely and in confidence in our computerised and manual records. By submitting your personal information to us you agree that: any information we hold about you can be held on computer and/or paper files; any information which you give us may be disclosed to selected third parties or group companies for the purpose of administration as permitted by law. Please note that we will not arrange to involve a third party, unless the security and confidentiality of your personal information is assured. We and any group companies, or selected third parties to whom we have passed your information may use the information to contact you by post, fax, e-mail or telephone to bring to your attention additional products or services, which may be of interest to you. However, if you would prefer to be excluded from these services, please write to us Ground Floor, Rainham House, Manor Way, Rainham RM13 8RE
10. What to do if you have a complaint
- If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
…in writing: write to Ever North Mortgages Ltd, Complaints Department, 2nd Floor Rainham House, Manor Way, Rainham RM13 8RE
…by phone: telephone 03338880238
If you cannot settle your complaint, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
11. Client Money
- WE DO NOT HANDLE CLIENTS’ MONEY. We never accept a cheque made out to us (unless it is in settlement of charges for which we have sent you a bill), nor will we handle cash.
- For your protection, we are licensed under the Consumer Credit Act, registered under the Data Protection Act, and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Consumer Credit Act 1974 will only apply to non-regulated mortgages. If the mortgage we arrange for you is a regulated mortgage contract, our advice to you, the information we disclose and any mortgage offer you receive is subject to FCA regulation and you will have the full protection of the Financial Services Act 2012 in our dealings with you. Please be aware that most business mortgages, buy-to-let mortgages, loans for timeshare purposes and non-regulated investment accounts (i.e. deposit, or current accounts) do not fall under the Financial Conduct Authority’s umbrella of protection.
13. Call recording
Telephone calls to Ever North Mortgages Ltd may be recorded and used for training, or regulatory purposes.
Ever North Mortgages Ltd does not charge a fee for mortgage, or protection advice, but you should be aware of the possibility that other taxes or costs relating to the services that we provide for you may exist even though they are not paid through us, or imposed by us
English law will be the basis of this contract and the language in which this contract will be interpreted, and in which all communications will be conducted, will be English. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this Terms of Business.
16. Internet Privacy Statement